Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Check In

It is now day 5 of being forty.  I am sticking with my goals and trying very hard to follow my plan that is outlined in my previous post. 

Diet:  Still eating healthy, need to get more of a plan going and start measuring, weighing, and tracking.  Ate too much junk over the weekend so trying to stick to it. 

Finances:  Still on the no spend track.  I haven't bought anything unneeded.  This is going to be a long process to see how much I can actually save. 

Decluttering/Organizing:  Such a work in progress.  It is getting there, but it is so hard to do anything while Baby Max is awake.  So last night I managed to get the diaper bag packed,  lunches made, clothes laid out for today, dishes done and dinner cooked.  So not as productive as I had hoped.  Tonight is gym night, which puts me on track for my half marathon. 

Half Marathon training:  It still isn't quite a habit, but have managed to get in a few more workouts than before.  The weather is still crappy so it is hard to get out to train with snow and ice on the ground. 

Business:  Not sure if this is still in line with what I want to do.  While I love scentsy and their products, I am not sure that direct sales is for me.  I would love to make extra money at this, but sometimes it seems like just more work to do in a schedule that already has no time. 

Some thoughts on motherhood:
What is it that makes your baby scream bloody murder all.night.long then be perfectly happy when you finally make it to work the next day? 
He is one, and I still can't seem to get a handle on what this is all about.  It seems I spend most of the time second guessing myself and trying to figure out what is wrong.  And it is never the same answer twice. 
How can that precious being look so incredibly adorable when sleeping? 
The love that overcomes me is so significant that sometimes it just swallows me up. 
I guess he is teaching me patience, love, gentleness, and kindness all wrapped up into one. 

For all the mom's out there, how do you have a sense of organization with baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment