Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Tuesday February 13

It is almost halfway through the month, and my money goals are not sticking in a way that I had hoped.  I am spending, spending and on things I don't really need like $4.50 for a coffee.  So I need to really buckle down and get that under control.  It seems that I made a goal to not spend money and I am spending more than I would usually.  So now I am going to try the 40 days so by Easter I will have a fat pile of money. 

Workouts are going really good, and I will make my 21 workouts by February 21.  I will have to power through the rest of this week and be diligent in making this a priority.  But it is going well so far. Some of the benefits of all of the exercise is less appetite, more sex drive, less tired, sleeping better when I get to sleep.  So this is going well.  I have lost about 2 lbs so far.  Eating is not where it needs to be, and that goes hand in hand with the money thing.  So cut out expensive coffees, bring my lunch and breakfast and healthy snacks and I should start to see the scale fall. 

So right after my birthday I had a blast from the past.  It opened up some emotions that I haven't felt in a very long time and made me realize that I haven't put closure to a lot of the stuff from my past.  And it needs to be closed.  I can't take the heartache again.  Or jeopardize the life I have now.  So while it made me feel good to remember the good times, that is what they need to be.  Good times... and I need to concentrate on making new good times with my husband and son.  So I need to work on the inside of me, and especially concentrate on what I want out of life.  This whole thing made me realize that what I have is good right now, and that my past was good too, but it doesn't have a place in the right now.  And again, I can't go through the heartache of that time period again either.  So enough of that... I just had to sort it out a bit. 

So my next 40 day goals are to complete and stick with my workout schedule... maybe not as crazy as it has been the last two weeks, but at least 3 times per week and shoot for 4-5 depending on scheduling and daycare. 
Finances:  QUIT SPENDING MONEY!  My husband and I need to save money and get out of debt.  End of story. 
Eating:  Just start eating healthier and being mindful of what it is that I eat. 

Do you have any 40 day goals, or celebrate Lent? 

No comments:

Post a Comment