Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Anti Diet -Interesting thought

Today I read an article called the Anti Diet.  It has some interesting thoughts, as in stop already with the fad diets, the pills, the miracle cure.  Exercising like a lunatic to be able to eat a bite of chocolate.   Of course the author explains it much more eloquently than I do, but her point of view is to change herself, her mindset and by gosh do it the healthy natural way.  I love this idea of being anti diet.  I have tried every and I mean every miracle diet out there, and I am still on the heavy side.  I can feel it too.  I know for 11 months now I have talked about losing weight and what my goals were.  Well no more, now it is time for action.  And I am taking a stand with the anti diet.  I need to reconfigure my mindset.  I need to figure out my emotions, and my mental state.  I need to not fall into the trap of every miracle out there, and just. do. it.  I can do it... I have before.  And the way I did it before was not by denying myself, or cutting out carbs, or eating just protein, or the grapefruit diet.  I did it by measuring my portions, watching my calories, cutting back on junk and indulging myself as a treat. 

I teach or I hope to teach Baby Max, that food is for energy, and that we eat healthy to sustain energy and feel good.  That dessert is a treat to be had on special occasions, not every day.  I need to find that inner wonder myself and keep treats as just what they were meant to be a treat.  Not an every day occurance. 

So I decided to take a step back, and my husband made a deal with me.  He would take me shopping at Christmas if I lose 15 lbs.  I joined a maintain don't gain challenge at work today and got a starting weight.  Yesterday I ate healthy, watched my portions, and would you know it, I lost a pound this morning.  I stayed with the healthy eating today, signed up for SparkPeople to count calories, and read motivating articles.  And today and yesterday I ran again.  for the first time in a long time.  My headache is seem to be gone, and I am not nearly as tired.  So again, food for fuel.  What a notion???  It is working... I also drank water today. 

I haven't been to the local mini mart in two days now.  I have saved at least $10.  I am going to the grocery store tonight, and I am menu planning again.  Tonights dinner is going to be a roast chicken, some potatoes for the hubby, and green beans with some bread.  Very simple, but only about 350 calories. 

I usually do good through the week and blow it on the weekend.  Not this time.  I have a plan for the weekend, and if I do indulge, it will be just a treat. 

2 comments:

  1. Very good thoughts! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving, and you're feeling better and better. Thanks for the kind words :) Take care.

    ReplyDelete