Friday, November 1, 2013

The Day After Halloween

It is the day after Halloween and Baby Max was wound up like a drum last night.  He had so much candy, so much to do, and so much fun.  I never liked Halloween, it was a dumb holiday to me.  It was about too much money and people making me do things that I didn't want to do.  I never stopped to observe the wonder of the child, and the excitement that surrounds the holiday.  With Baby Max, I have gotten to take a step back and do a redo. 

I got to experience Halloween with my son, through a 2 year olds eyes. 

His excitement was contagious. 

His politeness reminded me to be kind to others on this wonderful day. 

He ate to much candy!!

And we enjoyed every minute of it.  He is growing up so fast, and to be able to see his wonderment and joy last night has made my day.  My baby had a great time, even if he didn't fully comprehend the concept.  He thanked every person, he said hello to other people on the street, he made people smile.  And if I remember in the raising of a child, to keep it simple. 

Just remind yourselves as we go into this super busy time of year, take a moment to step back and rediscover the magic of the Holiday Season as seen through your child's eyes.  It will take you back in time.  Believe in Santa for a moment, believe in the power of being grateful at Thanksgiving and most of all, let your child experience the ghouls and goblins, and candy on Halloween. 

No comments:

Post a Comment